Sunday, February 10, 2008

Suddenly I see, this is what I wanna be.... #4

The phone interview went well.....they asked questions I anticipated and I think I answered intelligently. The big downfall seems to be that they want someone to start very soon, and I sensed disappointment that I won't be available until May. There's still the chance that they'll ask me to campus anyway and like me enough to wait, but who knows. I'm not getting my hopes up.

I've put more applications out this past week at a few new places. I need to start prowling the ACPA placement site more carefully and start working on setting things up there. I'm looking forward to interviewing, but I know it will be a stressful few days. Just about a month and a half until then!

I have a lead on another job that I just recently applied for. I think that they are interested in interviewing me, but I know they will definitely be at NASPA and are looking to do some interviewing there. I'm actually really surprised that anyone even contacted me. This is a position that I know I will be viewed as not-so-likely of a candidate. I guess being optimistic and having a creative cover letter can pay off :)

Remember all that talk I did in a previous post about how no one in my program is discussing the job search? Throw that out the window. In the last week there have been rumbles about different positions out there and applications getting sent. A few classmates have just been offered positions. It's getting more and more "real" by the day, but I'm still not completely freaking out yet. This is definitely a good thing. I am, however, reaching quiet desperation regarding a few other issues in conjunction with my search. These are the things that are stressing me out the most right now and they are also the things that I can't really do much about.

The list of bookmarked sites on my computer keeps growing as I add more and more schools that I'm interested in. I'm making it a point to check everything once a week, at least. I'm trying to check everywhere at least once a week. Fortunately I keep finding positions I like, but my folder with the print-outs keeps getting thicker and the neatly labeled folders with the things I have applied to aren't getting any larger. I need to step up my game with this whole time management thing.

Despite all of this stuff I was able to find the time this weekend to go out and have a good time with good friends. I have more fun things planned in the coming weeks so that I can retain some small amount of my sanity. If it wasn't for these plans and my concerning addiction to reality tv, I'd probably go postal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear the interview went well. What kind of schools are you looking into?